The management of the College is very aware of the heavy financial cost of text books. Wth this in mind the college started a book-rental scheme with 1st Year students this year. It is intended that this scheme will expand to other year groups over the coming years.
The College acknowledges and is grateful for the work of the Parents' Association in raising funds to facilitate this scheme.
The following terms and conditions apply to the scheme:
- The books supplied under the scheme will remain at all times the property of the school. They will be subject to inspection at any time by a member of the teaching staff.
- If books are lost or damaged, some or all of the deposit will be retained to cover such loss or damage. Full compensation for lost books will be required before readmission to the scheme.
- Membership of the scheme is at the discretion of the Principal. Any student found to be abusing, defacing or disposing of rented books will be dismissed from the scheme and will be required to supply their own books for the remainder of their time in school.
- Books supplied under the scheme may be new or second hand at the discretion of the Principal.
- Admission to the scheme in the second and subsequent years is conditional on the safe return of all books supplied in the previous year. This must be done on the last day of exams at the end of May.
- The deposit will be returned when a student leaves the scheme.